How to use a PS5 controller on Android
1. Hold the Share button and PS button on your DualSense controller at the same time for a few seconds until the light bar starts to flash blue. This puts it into pairing mode.
2, Swipe down on your Android device to open up your Quick Settings.
3. Make sure your Bluetooth is turned on.
4. Hold the Bluetooth icon to bring up the Bluetooth settings.
5. Select Wireless Controller under available devices.
6. If it does not show up immediately, select Scan at the top.
7. Select OK when you’re asked if you’d like to pair your phone with the Wireless Controller.
8. If it connects properly, the blue light on the DualSense will stop flashing.
The DualSense isn’t natively supported by many Android apps, though fortunately, this doesn’t extend to Remote Play on Android. While Remote Play with the DualSense on Android was previously not supported, it is now thanks to an update after Android 12.
Remote Play allows you to stream all of your PS4 and PS5 games through a broadband network, provided you own a console and those games to begin with, as this isn’t a service like xCloud on Android. Even though support was added, if you’re playing your games this way, you don’t have access to certain functionality on mobile like the DualSense’s haptic feedback and adaptive triggers. However, the core functionality should still work for playing your games.
All in all, the process is nearly identical with how to use a PS4 controller on Android. And like the PS4 controller, your mileage may vary on its usage. For example, some games just don’t let you remap buttons, and there are better controllers out there specifically designed for mobile devices.
Best PS5 games to play
If you’re looking to stream games from your PS5, you’ll want to get the best PS5 games available. From free-to-play titles to some of the biggest AAA blockbusters, there’s no shortage of games on PS5, doubly true with backward compatibility. Whatever game you choose, you’ll be treated to fast loading and beautiful graphics.
There’s a whole array of titles to pick from, with Sony Worldwide Studios and its many partner studios releasing excellent games since the PS5 was released, including Aloy’s adventure in Horizon Forbidden West, and racing titles like Gran Turismo 7. There are also many exciting games coming soon, such as the new mythological journey with Kratos and Atreus in God of War: Ragnarok. Whatever game you choose, you’ll be treated to fast loading and beautiful graphics.
Are you still looking for a PS5 to play those amazing games? Keep an eye out for PS5 restocks at retailers like Walmart, Amazon, and Best Buy. It’s been challenging to find Sony’s newest console, but it’s not impossible. Just keep at it, and you’ll eventually be able to checkout.