It’s time to put your Netflix knowledge to the test
Heads Up is played like a game of charades, where you’ll slap your phone to your forehead as a card appears, and it will be your job to guess what’s on that card from clues mimed by your compatriots. Themes are distributed as decks, and since today’s launch is a Netflix release, there are 28 new decks available that are centered around Netflix content. Here’s a selection of what you can expect.
- Bridgerton: Dearest Gentle Reader, you are invited to play the Bridgerton deck where you will engage in a ball of fun as you guess clues based on the hit show.
- GEEKED: Do you love sci-fi, horror, fantasy, comic books and video games? Congratulations, you’re a Geek just like us and we love you for it! Please enjoy this super GEEKED deck!
- NetflixIsAJoke: Comedy is the best medicine. Cure your boredom with this deck that includes comic greats and comedy terminology.
- Squid Game: Pull out your tracksuit because the Squid Game Deck is sure to make you sweat. Guess Squid Game-related actions, characters and themes without saying the word or rhyming.
- Strong Black Lead: Strong Black Lead amplifies Black voices, stories, and creators. Show off your knowledge of Black actors, entertainers, series and films!
- Stranger Things: Join The Party and enjoy this deck full of characters, words, phrases and more from the Stranger Things series.
As you can see, these decks offer all kinds of Netflix-inspired content. Better yet, today’s release offers gameplay in 15 separate languages, which means the majority of the world will be able to jump into this one. So here’s hoping most are aware that Netflix Games is a thing, because so far, few are aware the platform even exists. While it remains to be seen whether Netflix’s gaming strategy will pan out, I’m sure a few will find today’s release for Netflix Heads Up a worthy party game for their next gathering.